From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sampling and saving

Hi! I am using accelerometers to collect my signal using NI DAQ. How do I know what units are displayed in the LABVIEW software. There is an option of entering the sensitivity value of the accelerometer while setting up. But I think the values which are displayed are not consistent or I do not know the unit (Is it in miliVolt or Volt or g or in m/s2 or something else?). Kindly help. How do I confirm the same? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,324 Views)

Which exact hardware module do you use? If you create DAQmx task like on the example below, there is possibility to set units of the measurement, and sensitivity units.

kosist90_0-1609318016082.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,313 Views)

@ kosist90

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I am not aware of this DAQmx task as you have shown. I am taking the sample using the following video by Measurement Lab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-pwsTSYCkY&ab_channel=MeasurementsLab

I am using PXI e1073 Chasis with PXI 4496 module. Hope this helps. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,297 Views)

OK, I see now. But if you follow the video, there are Voltages as the output units. Also, there is shown how to set sensitivity - you need to convert sensitivity from mV to V, because output value is in Volts.

But overall, while creating DAQmx task by DAQ assistant, instead of Analog Input -> Voltage, try to select Analog Input -> Acceleration -> IEPE. It will have more specific settings than simple voltage input measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,293 Views)

Yes, I am using Read Analog Input --> Acceleration, Then it gives me the option to write down sensitivity value with units. Then I display the signal as I measure. Now my question is what will be the units of this displayed signal? Will it be in mv or V or g or in m/s2? That is, does the software convert it from volt unit to acceleration unit or not? How do I confirm that? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,290 Views)