cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging from c-RIO9056 and save to Excel or text file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have prepared the LabVIEW program to measure pressure, temperature, torque and encoder using LabVIEW FPGA. I am using RIO-9056. my program is working fine. snapshot of project is attached. Now I want to store the Realtime measured data into Excel or text file. For that I am trying with 'Write delimited spreadsheet.vi', I have tried by giving the file path of PC but it is not saving the file. After that i found out that I can save data on cRIO as well so i have changed the file path to cRIO. It is still not saving the data. error code is attached as well. 

for troubleshoot, I have tried to create new LabVIEW project (Not on cRIO), same code is working fine over there and saving the data in '.txt' file. 

screenshot of very basic and simple code for to save the file is attached. I have tried it in 'FPGA host.vi' in cRIO project, it is not working there but it is working fine in new project which in not cRIO. 

Is there anything else require whenever we work with cRIO? 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Brijeshkumar Patel
PhD Candidate
School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering (SMCSE)
City, University of London
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB
T: +44 (0)7448156242 E: Brijeshkumar.patel@city.ac.uk

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,216 Views)

Hi patel,

@patelbrijesh535 wrote:

I have tried by giving the file path of PC but it is not saving the file.

The cRIO is a computer on its own.

In general you don't want other computers being able to create/change files on the harddrive of your computer: the cRIO cannot access the harddrive of your computer!

@patelbrijesh535 wrote:

After that i found out that I can save data on cRIO as well so i have changed the file path to cRIO. It is still not saving the data. error code is attached as well. 

You need to save the data on the cRIO not just "as well", but as a fact.

Does the path "R/C/ni-rt/" exist on your cRIO? Can you browse to this specific path using file explorer in the web interface of your cRIO?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,167 Views)

Thanks GerdW for the reply. 

Yes I can browse the path, please see attached snapshot. But it not saving my file at this path too. 

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,164 Views)

Hi Brijesh,

which "snapshot" are you talking about?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,159 Views)

Path 2.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,156 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author patelbrijesh535

Hi Brijesh,

so the path should be "C/ni-rt/" (maybe you need to prepend one more slash) on your cRIO!

That "R:" is just the path to that network drive on your Windows computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,154 Views)

Thank you GerdW,

I have modified the path and its working. I am able to get data in .text file. 

I want to save data with time. As shown in below image I am using Get Data/Time string to save each data with time. surprisingly time recorded in file is different than my laptop time. I think it is something to do with cRIO clock but I don't know how to adjust it.  Could you please help? 

Time.png

Kind Regards,

Brijesh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,146 Views)

I am trying to adjust cRIO time as shown in below image, I am living in London. but this clock it self not at correct time even if I select GMT,London. 

patelbrijesh535_0-1617732335359.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,141 Views)

Thank you. Now I am able to set the clock and it looks OK. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,137 Views)