LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acqusition with TLA7016 using Labview

I want to acquire 16 bit digital data with Tektronix TLA7016 using Labview7.1 on Windows 7 OS. I am  unable to get driver for TLA7016 on ni.com/LABVIEW. So please help me regarding driver for TLA7016 using Labview with some Examples. I tried NI VISA but its not connecting to TLA7016

Regards

SAMEER KAWTHALE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,427 Views)

When you say "not connecting", please be specific. Which protocol are you trying to use? GPIB, or TCP/IP? If it's GPIB do you see the analyzer in MAX? If it's TCP/IP have you verified that you can ping it?

As for instrument drivers, you can download an instrument driver for a similar model and modify if for the command set that's applicable to your instrument. For instance, there's instrument drivers for the TLA5201. Don't know how similar it would be to the 7016. You could also build one from scratch. You are using an old version of LabVIEW (which, by the way, is not officially compatible with Windows 7), and I don't believe it has the instrument driver template. You can peruse the NI KnowledgeBase on tips on creating instrument drivers. E.g.:

http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-300

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3271

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/instrument_driver_guidelines.htm

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,420 Views)

I am using LAN(TCP/IP)  interfce also  getting Reply from TLA7016 when pinged.I tried MAX TCP/IP interface in devices and interface section but  also unable to connect..If there is no ready instrument driver for TLA7016 or any other TLA series  driver can be used for TLA 7016 with LabVIEW? Which version of LABVIEW is compatible with windows 7 ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,418 Views)

In Labview 7.1 block diagram function pallate has instument driver template

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,416 Views)

@Mihir_s wrote:

I am using LAN(TCP/IP)  interfce also  getting Reply from TLA7016 when pinged.I tried MAX TCP/IP interface in devices and interface section but  also unable to connect..

"unable to connect" is too vague. What did you try? In MAX TCP/IP instruments don't show up automatically. You have to create a TCP/IP instrument connection. What were your steps? Did it perform a search of the subnet? Did the instrument show up?

If there is no ready instrument driver for TLA7016 or any other TLA series  driver can be used for TLA 7016 with LabVIEW?

As noted, there is no ready-made instrument driver for that specific model. As I said, this means you have to modify an existing one, or create your own. Do you have the programming manual for the instrument? If not, get it, as you'll need it. Check to see how you're supposed to communicate with this instrument. Check its programming syntax. Is it message-based. I.e., do you send human-readable strings to it to tell it to do something?

Which version of LABVIEW is compatible with windows 7 ?

Did you try a search? Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,382 Views)