LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition

I'm using the attached .vi to acquire signals from some strain gages. When I do the test, I can see a clear graph of the voltage but when I open up the spreadsheet the .vi writes (also attached), I just get a jumbled mess that doesn't seem to displace at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,534 Views)
What do you mean?  The .txt file you attached appears just fine to me.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,527 Views)

I think he's referring to the actual values. If you graph the values in the file it looks like noise. Other than not having the "append to file" input wired (which has the effect of always giving you a popup dialog at each iteration asking you if you want to replace the file), I can't see anything wrong with the VI. What's the graph look like? Can you post a screenshot of it with data, since we can't run your VI as we don't have your hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,506 Views)
Here's a screenshot. It looks like I'm collecting data from the right channels. I can't figure out why I can't save it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,457 Views)
did you convert the waveform format in single array before to try to save in spreadsheet? did you gave it the correct path?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,437 Views)

Sapingo wrote:
did you convert the waveform format in single array before to try to save in spreadsheet? did you gave it the correct path?

That shouldn't be necessary.

But make sure to wire a constant True to the Apppend to file input.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,431 Views)