LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition

Hi, I’ve been assigned a laboratory that requires me to use LabVIEW to acquire and process the final result(outcome) of signal conditioning based in application that have been given with the following:

i) Voltage amplitude

ii) Bandwith

iii) Signal sensitivity

iv) Accuracy

v) Standard deviation

The question is, how can i do this data acquisition using LabVIEW with displaying the outcome signal together with voltage amplitude, bandwidth, signal sensitivity, accuracy and standard deviation. I am a beginner and truth to be told, i dont know where or how to start even after I watched tons of labview tutorial videos.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,812 Views)

It's hard to give advice when we are shown a blank project.

1. What have you done? Is there at least a project somewhere?
  2. How do those parameters fit into your project? Forget about programming, write how you would do it on paper.
  3. Look in the example finder. It's a great way to start.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,802 Views)

It will be easier to provide useful advice if you can perhaps describe your input a little more.

You listed a bunch of outputs that you want to measure, but are you also acquiring some input? Or you're loading a file from disk etc?

I would guess that you have access to the SSP via an Academic Site Licence, based on your question text. Is this true?

If so, I'd suggest that the Core 1 and Core 2 videos are probably more useful and well crafted than you might get searching through e.g. Youtube guides to LabVIEW (which vary wildly in quality or perhaps even accuracy...)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,760 Views)

There is online training and LabVIEW also ships with examples for just about anything you would want to do. There are wizards that are built in to the system that will also help you get start quickly. You need to start at the beginning with understanding context and flow.

The forums are here when you get stuck.  

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,695 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

The forums are here when you get stuck.  

And when you get stuck, you will get the best help and the quickest and most accurate help when you attach the VIs you are trying to develop.  Pictures of VIs are frustrating for many of us (we can't inspect them, edit them, try to run them).  If you are stuck trying to process some data, an example of a "typical data file" is also very helpful for those of us trying to help you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,681 Views)