LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 11/06/2006

Regardless of the UI difficulties, it should be solved somehow. Therefore...
This was reported to R&D (# 436990J1) for further investigation.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(4,753 Views)
Argh!!! That's supposed to be an O in the CAR number, not a zero. Stupid display font... Why doesn't everyone use British slashes/dots in the middle of their zeros?!?!
This was reported to R&D (# 43699OJ1) for further investigation.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(4,749 Views)

Darren wrote:
So in my case, I was drawing different components of a Picture Control, with the "Erase First" option deselected...this means that new images are drawn "over" old images, and the old images remain in the Picture Control.  Well, if two draws happened in quick succession (which was possible since I was keying off of Mouse Move events to do some of my drawing), sometimes, the first draw would never happen, due to the Asynchronous Display behavior.  As a result, portions of my picture that needed to be there from the first draw would never appear.

I've never played around with Picture controls much, so I didn't realize (until now) that it consisted only of instructions for building an image rather than a buffered copy of the image itself. So I am guessing that the rendering into a raster image is happening in the UI thread? There doesn't seem to be any way to programatically render the instructions contained in the Picture wire itself. I'm guessing you could have achieved the same by using Picture to Pixmap and then Draw Flattened Pixmap to convert the raster image back to a Picture? I'm not sure if that would have had a bigger performance hit than turning off asynchronous display, however.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(4,534 Views)

@Aristos Queue wrote:
This was reported to R&D (# 43699OJ1) for further investigation.

@ok, this begs the question... How do we find out about #43699OJ1. I've seen quite a few posts from you recently that refer to "issue numbers". The question is can we see their progress/feedback/resolution? Or do we need to have a @ni.com e-mail ? 🙂

Socratis
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,957 Views)
The plan is that when a bug fix or upgrade is released that the public forums of DevZone and LAVA will be searched for the key phrase (which is why I have such exact wording). We'll check those CAR numbers and post to the forums that the CAR has been fixed. This is all supposed to be automated if possible.

This is something new that we're trying for the first time to try to improve the feedback to customers. We'll see how it goes next release.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,956 Views)

@Aristos Queue wrote:
The plan is that when a bug fix or upgrade is released that the public
forums of DevZone and LAVA will be searched for the key phrase (which
is why I have such exact wording). We'll check those CAR numbers and
post to the forums that the CAR has been fixed. This is all supposed to
be automated if possible.

This is something new that we're trying for the first time to try to
improve the feedback to customers. We'll see how it goes next release.

Tried Bugzilla??? It "kind of" solves all your prayers...
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,953 Views)
Bugzilla was evaluated and found wanting. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,759 Views)