From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 10/30/2006

I can't take all the credit for the find/announcement

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopic=208

Someone 'PJM Lv' announced it to infoLV w/ much greater detail before myself. Not being an active member at that time, I thought I stumbled onto something first.

~,~

Message 11 of 22
(7,236 Views)
I have 3 pages of notes on the different structures for the opCodes. Untill I can write a white paper, I may just have to scan them in and post here.

OOOOOOhhhhhh <Insert thunderclap here> something just hit me. Combining this knowledge within an actual LVOOP object to enhance the interaction and image manipulation possibilites.

Now if I only had the time..... oooh just got another idea for all you musicians. write a song to the tune of 'if I only had a brain' but about the cool LV things you would do if you'only had the time'Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 22
(7,229 Views)

@NJKirchner wrote:
I have 3 pages of notes on the different structures for the opCodes. Untill I can write a white paper, I may just have to scan them in and post here.
I guess that'll have to do for now. If you can combine some VIs with it, it would be even better.

Norm,

to bypass tst. I kindly ask you to scan the documents and upload them to the knowledge base of Lava. I am looking for a white paper on the picture control (birthday wish).
On the KB@lava we can cooperate, maybe Ben can kick in some of his knowledge?

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 14 of 22
(7,115 Views)
"Ben can kick in some of his knowledge?"

I am not qualified to carry the ball on this one but I can kick it around a little.

The KB article on LAVA is a good idea. I'll watch for it and contribute what I can.

I'll see what  I can do to support Paul Ausitn's* invention.

BTW:
This Q reveals my age but did anyone else notice the similarties between HPGL and the Picture Control data format?

Ben

* Paul Austin (to the best of my knowlwdge) invented the Picture control and hold the patent on same.
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(7,004 Views)
From what I heard that HPGL was the basis for the structure.... but that's just what a little worm told me before the little birdie came along and ate it.
Message 16 of 22
(6,984 Views)
Adam ROfer has put on LAVA some code that looks very promisingSmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 17 of 22
(5,933 Views)
Norm, Ben just reminded of this thread. Did you find those notes you mentioned?

(5,791 Views)
I have them with me in austin (NI week) right now. Find me via the twitter link on the lava blog
http://forums.lavag.org/blog/niweek2007/index.php?

or text me at 414-698-7244

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(5,412 Views)

@NJKirchner wrote:

4: set pixel
5: Pen move
6: Pen Move to
7: Line
8: Line to
16: Poly-Line
17: Fill Poly
41: Select Pen
10: Rect Fill
9: Rect Frame
15: Gray out Rect
25: Round Rect Fill
24: Round Rect Frame
12: Oval Fill
11: Oval Frame
14: Arc Fill
13: Arc Frame
18: Text Box
31: New Font
29: Copy Pixmap
40: Copy PIxmap w/ mask

There's a opcode that's not used in any VI:

22: Set Rectangular Mask

See this idea (that nobody seems to like) for a working VI...

There's another opcode that sets the offset for coordinates. But it's so low level, it can actually set the drawing outside the picture control.

Message 20 of 22
(1,119 Views)