Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 09/27/2010

A great new option regardless!

Message 11 of 19
(1,922 Views)

@Stranman wrote:

A great new option regardless!

Agreed!

It rates right up there with the pocket knife, in that the tool in our pocket does not damage anything when we aren't looking.

Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,915 Views)

Nice for my typedef clusters,

Thanks Darren for the Nugget.

Ohiofudu

CLD

Certified LabVIEW Architect.
Ohiofudu Israel

Message 13 of 19
(1,865 Views)

s-w-e-e-t

This is great.  No more sub-vi to hide the nasty clusterosaurus.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,817 Views)

I agree that it is a very convenient feature - but one thing: Currently the icons are displayed the same way as frontpanel elements would be displayed if we activated "show frontpanel elemets as symbols" in BD-settings. As far as I can see there is no way to display them as icons, right? Or did I miss something here?

I think such an option would increase the readability even more and the handling of cluster icons would work the same way as the handling of other symbols does.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,720 Views)

@KleeD wrote:

I agree that it is a very convenient feature - but one thing: Currently the icons are displayed the same way as frontpanel elements would be displayed if we activated "show frontpanel elemets as symbols" in BD-settings. As far as I can see there is no way to display them as icons, right? Or did I miss something here?

I think such an option would increase the readability even more and the handling of cluster icons would work the same way as the handling of other symbols does.

The current behavior is that a non-typedef cluster constant will have a generic small cluster icon, and a typedef cluster constant will display the icon of the typedef VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,685 Views)

@Darren wrote:

The current behavior is that a non-typedef cluster constant will have a generic small cluster icon, and a typedef cluster constant will display the icon of the typedef VI. 

Sorry I must have missed that, you even wrote it in the first post. I use typedefs most of the time so I just did not come across this yet. Makes perfect sense to me then.

Many thanks Darren

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,649 Views)

Note that this gives you more incentive to put decent icons on your typedefs - so you can distinguish them when you convert them to icons.

Message 18 of 19
(1,630 Views)

@DFGray wrote:

Note that this gives you more incentive to put decent icons on your typedefs - so you can distinguish them when you convert them to icons.

This Nugget resembles that remark.

See this preview

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,619 Views)