From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 07/20/2009

The snipped is most likely from LV 2009 (as indicated from the upper right corner)

I couldnt get the reason from the image so I opened the snippet in LV2010 and there's a difference in the display of the buffer allocations (maybe because I enabled all of them - and additionally constant folding)

As you can see from the attached image, in version B, buffer allocation also takes place at the tunnel of the array on the for loop - so that's (very likely) the reason for the longer runtime of B.

lv2010.png

(2,348 Views)

stbe wrote:

As you can see from the attached image, in version B, buffer allocation also takes place at the tunnel of the array on the for loop - so that's (very likely) the reason for the longer runtime of B.

Hmmm... In LV 2009, both loops match one another, and neither matches your image from LV 2010.  Turning all the dots on produces this:

Buffer Allocation Outside Loop - All Dots On.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(2,337 Views)

Hm, this gets really strange now ... because I double-checked my snipped with the block diagram image that LV presents - just to make sure that all black squares are visible on the snippet. But I still feel there are some dots missing when I compare to the LV2k9 snippet ...

(2,333 Views)

@stbe wrote:

The snip

Man, that black dot is nearly impossible to see on the dark blue of the tunnel.  And even using Refresh to cause them to flash doesn't help so much.

Sounds like we need another new idea like the one with Pink coercion dots on pink cluster.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Coercion-dot-color-change-if-terminal-is-pink/idi-p/12...

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(2,328 Views)