From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 05/17/2010

tst wrote: 
but I would expect that if anything, that would make the dependcy file bigger (since most of the VIs are in the dependencies section, which presumably isn't part of the lvproj file).

I'm not so sure about that.  I have found that a list of dependencies do show up in the .lvproj file.  I believe because you can reorder the dependencies under that branch of the tree, the lvproj file want to remember what order they were last saved in.

I think it is also one of the reasons that an lvproj file will get a dirty dot just by opening the project.  If a subVI was updated from outside a project and now has a subVI added or removed from it, when you open the project file, the list of dependencies changes because it the project now recognizes the new sub-subVI has part of the dependency list.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(517 Views)

tst wrote:
Practically all my VIs are in projects, which I usually have open while working. I try not to include most VIs in the project (to avoid simply making it look like another version of the files tab), but I would expect that if anything, that would make the dependcy file bigger (since most of the VIs are in the dependencies section, which presumably isn't part of the lvproj file).

Hmm, I'm not sure why the file is empty.  The same thing is the case on my machine.  I do most of my development in LabVIEW 2009, but my 2009 Dependencies file is empty (except for a reference to the vi.lib folder).  The Dependencies files for all the other LabVIEW versions on my machine, though, are over 100k in size.  Although, I think I was tinkering with the folder earlier this week while writing this nugget, so there's a chance I deleted a bigger file earlier.  I'm just not sure how to get stuff to reappear in it.  I noticed that the files listed in my bigger Dependencies caches are all part of libraries and/or classes in vi.lib...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(508 Views)