From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 03/13/2006

I'm using LV 7.1 the switch wires tool doesn't work for me. I using the wiring tool, I hold ctrl key+click, I get an attached wire on the input.

This option is in the help, under Keyboard shortcuts as I can see.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,351 Views)

The switcheroo tool only works on a function with exactly two inputs, and both inputs must already be wired.  If you are still having issues, please attach a screenshot of the offending code (or attach a VI showing the trouble you're having) and I'll take a look.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,344 Views)
I've attached a simple vi that does division. Nothing happens for me. Let me know if this work for you.

Rich J
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,336 Views)
It works for me in both 7.1 and 8.0.1.  Are you trying to swap wires or swap wired terminals?  In other words, are you ctrl-clicking on the wires or on the left side of the division node.  You need to be on the left side of the division terminal.  Basically, anywhere the blinking black terminal is shown.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,330 Views)
Oh OK. The click must occur on the function icon not on a wire. And both inputs must be wired.

Got it!!!
Thx
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,326 Views)