LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Occasional Nugget 11/14/2013

ad. 1a) Yes, I restarted LV after editing INI.

ad. 1b) Yes, I saved INI after editing it.

ad. 1c) Yes, I have LV 13, splash screen says so. 

ad. 2) Windows 7.

ad. 3) I tried on block diagram and front panel free labels.

ad. 4) When I edit text (in free label) and e.g. highlight fragment of text and then use Ctrl-B, selected text is changed into "b", just like there was no Ctrl. I tried many ways. When I edit text and e.g. highlith fragment of text and then use Ctrl-B, selected text is chaned into "b", just like there were no Ctrl.

ad. 5) Is there any way to back up INI? I don't have "oryginal".

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,219 Views)

You can just rename your INI file "labview.bak", then make a new one (or copy the old one and delete all the tokens in it).

One other thought...does the Ctrl-B shortcut work for removing broken wires? Add some broken wires on your diagram and press Ctrl-B...do they go away? If not, then your Remove Broken Wires shortcut has changed, and QuickBold won't work. You can go into Tools > Options > Menu Shortcuts to see what shortcut is assigned to Remove Broken Wires:

removebrokenwires.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,205 Views)

Erase the contents of LabVIEW.ini.  Launch LabVIEW.  You'll have a clean slate of default tokens.

Next apply all your nice toys via Tools>>Options

Save a copy of the darn thing in a safe place!

Then go build yourself a nice exe from a vi to file copy LabVIEW.ini to your safe place and put a really interesting ico in the project.  Make sure there is a copy of that super-cute shortcut on your desktop- (so you'll click it often)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,201 Views)

I have F2 assigned to Remove Broken Wires shortcut, and thats the problem Smiley Happy
So basicly shortcut for Bold and Remove Broken Wires is the same, OK, now everything is fine.

Jeff, what's the point to copy my .ini to safe place all the time?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 24 of 27
(1,184 Views)

bienieck wrote:

I keep a backup for fresh installs.  I'm trying to get everybody in my group to use the same settings and shortcuts and what not.  It is very easy to do if you have a backup copy of your ini file and then just copy it over with a new install.

It's also good to keep around in case you messed something up in your system.  Replacing the ini back to a good setting state could save you lots of time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,152 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

Pinned items on the Getting started window and recient history are in the ini.  Loosing all your pinned items can be a bummer.

@Tim

Don't do that to them, please.  just write a login script to pull their ini off the network.  Trust me that has saved life and limb in a diverse group of users.    Unless you want to work with either A) a troup of "Timbots" or B) lead a group of developers that harbor resentments because they are sure they could be more productive but, the concensus was.... Their ini can be very personal. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,142 Views)

Wondering, that it took 5 years to finally make it as really part of LabVIEW, for LabVIEW 2018 release... 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(866 Views)