LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Occasional Nugget 04/25/2013

Did you know there is a VI Analyzer Enthusiasts group on the NI Community? Over the past few weeks, multiple community members have posted custom VI Analyzer tests to this group, and they are all available as links here:

List of Community VI Analyzer Tests

Note that you do *not* need the VI Analyzer Toolkit installed to use these tests. Most of them are saved in LabVIEW 2012.

If you have any of your own custom tests that you'd like to share with the NI Community, please post them to the group!

Message 1 of 9
(5,730 Views)

I've been seeing a lot of activity by you there lately.  I'm excited to start digging into those tests and applying them myself.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,622 Views)

Great!

Note that you do *not* need the VI Analyzer Toolkit installed to use these tests.

Does this mean using VIAnUtil Test Tester.vi which is explained here? (the VI is in [LabVIEW 20xx]\vi.lib\addons\analyzer\_analyzerutils.llb)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,460 Views)

@shb wrote:

Does this mean using VIAnUtil Test Tester.vi which is explained here? (the VI is in [LabVIEW 20xx]\vi.lib\addons\analyzer\_analyzerutils.llb)

No, the VI Analyzer main UI, analysis engine, and Results Window are all part of LabVIEW Core, so you can use any of the community tests without purchasing the toolkit. The VI Analyzer *Toolkit* adds 90+ tests, the programmatic interface, right-click analysis from the project, and the Test Creator that you can use to create your own tests.

Message 4 of 9
(5,418 Views)

I have overlooked this at least since LabVIEW 8.6. Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,342 Views)

Correct me if I am wrong, so people can post custom VI's to this forum and download custom VI's from thsi forum, like examples? Or is it a Forum where they check your VI's? That can't be true can it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,334 Views)

@RedAG wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, so people can post custom VI's to this forum and download custom VI's from thsi forum, like examples? Or is it a Forum where they check your VI's? That can't be true can it?

It is a community site.  Not quite the same as a forum.  But it is there for people to share tools that they wrote.  That community site Darren gave is specifically for VI Analyzer tests that people have written.  Darren posted a bunch of his own there.  You can make comments on people's code and ask for changes.  People will make updates if they have the time.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,326 Views)

Got it crossrulz. So the VI's can only be edited by the memeber who originally posted them?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,318 Views)

It depends on how the document is set up who can post over code.  But I certainly don't see why you couldn't suggest updates.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,290 Views)