LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daqmx read error 200463

When I am running the below attached vi, I getting the error message : 

Possible reason(s):

Specified read or write operation failed, because the number of lines in the data for a channel does not match the number of lines in the channel.

If you are using the Digital Waveform datatype, make sure the number of lines in the digital waveform matches the number of lines in the channel. If you are using boolean data, make sure the array dimension for lines in the data matches the number of lines in the channel.

Number of Lines in Channel: 10
Number of Lines in Data: 1

Task Name: _unnamedTask<11>

In my pc I have LV7.1 & NIDaqmx drive 8.3 installed. But for trying out my application I have a similator to check all my digital inputs, outputs & analog in & outs.

Iam plugging in the USB 6221 card along with this simulator for trial. This device is recognized by my pc when i insert

and it is working ok with test panels. I dont know or understand Why Iam getting this error at all.

This kind of error normally happens when we supply data to the Daqmx Write channel is lesser than we configure this is what I know.

Thanks. Awaiting response..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,631 Views)
Hi Kousy ,
Seeing your error description it seems quiet clear that you will be getting this error , this is happening because the "because the number of lines in the data for a channel does not match the number of lines in the channel." Youshould not initalize more number of lines than number of channels and this should not be happening .
Can you try doing this and post back ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,601 Views)
Actually, you get the error because you have the line grouping as One Channel for All Lines. Use One Channel for Each Line if you want to write separate states or use a single element in the array to keep it as it is now.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,591 Views)

Hello Dennis,

We have also identified this could be the issue & resolved. Anyway Thanks for your time & help.

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,575 Views)