cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq 6211 high frequency ouput

Solved!
Go to solution

HI guys.

Ive got my hands on a USB 6211 daq device. Im trying to generate a high frequency pulse output from one of the 2 counters. The frequency is in the range of 5 to 20 kHz. Can someone tell me if thats possible with this USB 6211 device?. Ive been searching but cant seem to find the answers. Are the counters on this device just for reading HIgh Frequency inputs or can they ouput them also. Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,353 Views)

Chapter 8 of the User Manual descibes the output options with the counters and the built-in frequency generator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,351 Views)

That manual has helped a lot. I should have looked at properly in the first place. Thanks :).

I have one more question if anybody can help. I'm using the daq 6211 to create a pulse train to control a stepper. The stepper driver takes in a pulse which in turn will turn the stepper and the frequency of these pulses determines the speed.

My problem is that, using the counter examples in labview, I only have an option to create a continous pulse train. I would like top be able to dynamically adjust the frequency while the vi is running and Ideally i want to be able to ramp up the frequency so that the stepper can get to a high speed. If i try to adjust the controls with the example vi's there is no change in frequency unless i stop it and start again with a different frequency. 

Has anyone come accross this themselves or am i missing something obvious??. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,327 Views)

Hi Banjo B,

What example are you using from the LabVIEW examples?

Regards

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Banjo_B

Thanks for your reply 🙂 .Ive since found the code that does exactly what i want. Its not in the labview examples so someone may find it useful. See the attached VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,300 Views)