From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSM intermittent

I am accessing a remote OPC server as well as a simulator.  I am using one computer.  The simulator runs on this computer.  I have been having problems since day 1.  The distributed system manager will occasionally show me the process and all the tags on the remote OPC server.  Other times it won't.  Sometimes if I deploy the library that the I/O server is in, then the tags show up in the DSM.  This doesn't work all the time.  Sometimes I can access the tags locally and other times I can access them by going into the network Items on my PC and vise versa.  It is not consistent and it is frustrating.  I have tried restarting Labview which makes no difference.

On another similar note, I have a simulator running on my PC.  I can access all the tags using IN OPC quick connect and Matrikon OPC explorer as well as "creating a bound variable" in project explorer.  I can't however access these tags in DSM.  They just don't show up under the process (I/O server).  I need them to show up here so I can extract a list of URLs linked to the tags.  I use the attached code to do this.

Please Help.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,913 Views)

Matt:

Assuming this is the same issue as posted here, there is one thing I thought of. When creating an I/O server for the simulated OPC server, it warns me that the tags might not show up unless the server was running as the interactive user. Is it possible that the server process is being started under a different user? If so, that may explain part of the connectivity issue you're seeing.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,900 Views)