LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC popup keypad

I am designing an application with Labview DSC 8.2 I have several front panels that require users to enter setpoints for roughly 150 shared variables.  I have seen the keypad.vi that another user has developed, but am not sure how to have it popup when the user touches the screen to change one of the numeric inputs.  Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,294 Views)
Are you using a touch panel to interface with this? If so, what kind of touch panel is it and what operating system is it running on?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,273 Views)
It is a Hope Industries touchscreen with ELO element.  Desktop PC running Windows XP.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,270 Views)
There is no built-in code which would help you achieve that. I would recommend looking at the following website:
http://www.bettervi.com/Pages/free.htm
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,236 Views)
Possibly you could do this with an event structure. I assume the touch panel acts like a mouse. You should be able to act on a mouse enter event for each control. Attached is an example that displays a dialog box when the mouse enters a control. Maybe you could make this execute a vi that shows the front panel when called.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,226 Views)
I have decided to use the osk.exe popup as a keypad for now.  It is the only way to have a single keypad for many inputs.  Right now the keypad pops up when called then I just have to put key focus on the numerical control that I want to change.  Once I press enter, the keypad enters the new number.  This seems to work good, but would prefer something that resembles LV environment.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,775 Views)