LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC: nictdl5.exe has consumes lots of CPU cycles when idle

I will be honest with you, I didn’t expect that. We were trying to force a more detailed error message or other symptom to manifest. I think the database monitor was somehow caught in a bad state or infinite loop of some sort. Creating the new database appears to have allowed it to exit that state and operate normally. If the problem comes back make a post and we can investigate it further. 

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 11 of 15
(420 Views)

I guess not all mysteries can be solved with 100% certainty. 🙂

Thank you Jeff, for all your efforts! Even if it was serendipity, I certainly appreciate your instructions that led to the resolution of my issue.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(415 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I just noticed that my CPU consumption was yo-yoing again thanks to nictdl5.exe.

Ever since I reported this issue as solved, I haven't actually done anything with Citadel or networked shared variables. However, I haven't been monitoring my CPU either, so I don't know when it started again.

(I have been using Single-Process Shared Variables, if that matters).

Anyway, this time, I opened DSM, right-clicked 'localhost', and selected "Create Process". nictdl5.exe went quiet immediately after the process was created. The parameters were:

Process Name: "Tmp"

Run: Yes

Enable Data Logging: No

Enable Alarms and Events Logging: No

Any ideas? I'll monitor my CPU usage closely for the next few days and see if the issue returns.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(391 Views)

Is there a procedure that you can follow to make the problem repeatable, i.e, a set of steps that reliably makes it appear and go away?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(377 Views)

Unfortunately not at this point. Everything is behaving well now.

If I manage to get some semblence of reproducibility, I'll update this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(365 Views)