LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC license error (#1550)

Hi everyone,

I am using a controller built in LabVIEW(by another company) and deployed to a terminal in my lab, which works fine.

I am trying to plan for redundancy in case that terminal fails.

So I have installed LabVIEW 2014 first and then ran the controller installers(It seems to use runtime engine 2011).

Once I run the controller I get this error#1550:

Error.jpg

The DSC module seems to be activated in the license:

License.jpg

More details:

This controller is based on Modbus TCP;

I have also tried this without installing labview 2014, just following the installers. But the error message is still the same.

At this point I am guessing this has to do with the runtime engine 2011 and the DSC 2014 from labview 2014 not really comunicating with each ither.

I would try installing DSC 2011, but I can't find it anywhere with my (academic)license.

Normally I would just contact the company that provided the controller, but they went bankrupt...

Any help would be welcome,

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,411 Views)

You mention runtime a bit and show license manager for a development system.  Are you seeing the error on a system with, or without, the development environment?  The DSC runtime engine isn't free and requires its own installation.  If you're seeing this behavior on a system with the RTE, it's not surprising.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,336 Views)

I have uninstalled everything and tried again.

This time, I installed the controller and tried to run it (No LabVIEW installed), and it gave a an error:

(error: -1967362042, IAK_SHARED:  (Hex 0x8ABC7006) Unable to start service.)

What I understand is that it is missing the runtime engine.

So by installing the latest runtime engine 2014, the returned error is the same error#1550 as showed in the previous post.

So my question is how to properly install the DSC module at this point, and fix those 1550 errors?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,276 Views)

Did you bother to read the last post before going and doing things that didn't make sense?

The DSC module has its own runtime engine (RTE).  The DSC RTE requires a license per computer.  It's not included with the DSC development nor is it included with the LabVIEW RTE.  If you only install the LabVIEW RTE, you won't have access to the DSC functionality.  You require a license specifically for the DSC RTE.

Hopefully you'll read that part this time.  Now, let's address what you did after ignoring the last post.  The program requires the RTE that corresponds to the development environment you built it in.  You mentioned it's looking for 2011.  That means it was built in 2011.  You'll need the 2011 RTE to run that program.  Based on the DSC errors you're seeing, you're working with an executable that will require the corresponding DSC RTE.  The "latest" is useless to you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,259 Views)

Hi luis.m,

Just to summarize, if they developed the application using LabVIEW 2011 and LabVIEW DSC 2011 at a minimum you must install:

-LabVIEW 2011 RunTime Engine (Which is free and you can easily get online)

-DSC 2011 RunTime System (Which needs to be purchased separated):

What is the DSC Run-Time System and When Should I Use It?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LRUSA2&l=en-US

NI LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module - Run-Time System Deployment License

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/product/labview-datalogging-and-supervisory-control-module.html

Regards,

Andres G,

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,220 Views)