LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC 7.1: cannot recover communication after loss!

Hello:
This is the situation:
- PC_A hosts an OPC server (Applicom or Kepware)
- PC_B hosts an OPC client (Kepware) and the full Labview and DSC 7.1 that I use as OPC client as well. 
PC_A and PC_B connected via a cross-over Ethernet cable;
Upon loss of communication (cable disconnect) I have noticed that if the loss is less than 2 min, when I replug the cable, the tag engine will recover the communication. Nevertheless an issue is that the tag quality remains good even if the cable is disconnected, I do not know why.
If the loss of communication is more than 2 min then the tag engine does not recover it upon reconnection. The other OPC client (Kepware OPC client) does recover it flawlessly. The only way for Labview to recover it, is to stop/restart tag engine which is ugly!
I do not have access to a tag that continuously change to patch this thing.
Does someone of you know if there is a workaround or a setting similar to what we find in LV 8.20 that tells every x sec the variable to try to reconnect/recover the communcation in case of loss? Is such a setting accessible in LV7.1/DSC7.1?
Thank you for your precious insights,
Christophe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,628 Views)

hi there

i once had similar problems. they've been fixed with a update of logos. you can find your logos version with max, then open the "software" node. you can get the update at the update section of the NI's homepage (i think its free).

i don't have LabVIEW at hand, but i suggest to start with the nearest update to your current version, because LV and logos changed quite a lot since 7.1.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,608 Views)
Thank you for your feedback, Chris;
My version of Labview and DSC 7.1 is coming from the last Labview package that was issued in Labview 7.1, before the release of Labview 8 do I guess I am up to date. Do you have other ideas?
Thanks again,
Christophe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,584 Views)

Hello again:

Does anyone of you have a solution to the problem?

Upon loss of communication (cable disconnect) I have noticed that if the loss is less than 2 min, when I replug the cable, the tag engine will recover the communication. Nevertheless an issue is that the tag quality remains good even if the cable is disconnected, I do not know why.
If the loss of communication is more than 2 min then the tag engine does not recover it upon reconnection. The other OPC client (Kepware OPC client) does recover it flawlessly. The only way for Labview to recover it, is to stop/restart tag engine which is ugly!
I do not have access to a tag that continuously change to patch this thing.

Thanks a lot,
Christophe
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,362 Views)