LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC 7.1 - Can't connect more than 4 laptops

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with using DSC 7.1 and the tag engine. I have 7 laptops connected in same lan. I have one desktop as the acquisition machine that hosts and updates the DSC tags. For some reason, I can't have more than 4 remote host connections (laptops) connected to the acquisition machine. 

Any DSC or network settings should I be checking? I've checked the IP addresses and subnet masks. They are able to ping each other and I was able to share data via datasocket. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,589 Views)

Hi,

How are you connecting your machines to the machine that is hosting the OPC server? Also, are you getting an error when you connect more than 4 machines? 

Thanks!

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,493 Views)

@N1CO_M3 wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with using DSC 7.1 and the tag engine. I have 7 laptops connected in same lan. I have one desktop as the acquisition machine that hosts and updates the DSC tags. For some reason, I can't have more than 4 remote host connections (laptops) connected to the acquisition machine. 

Any DSC or network settings should I be checking? I've checked the IP addresses and subnet masks. They are able to ping each other and I was able to share data via datasocket. 

So you are saying that datasocket reads work OK for seven machines?

It was a long time ago but wasn't there a limit with DSC and it was possible to purchase a license to serve more than four?

Grasping at straws...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,480 Views)