LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH: How to use real DAQ hardware ?

Hi,

currently I am learning the DQMH template and I need to ask for some advice:

How can I add / initialize real hardware with the DQMH template? All the examples I found use some kind of simulation, so I don’t really understand where or how to implement for example the DAQ Assistant (I use a cDAQ-9184 with two additional cards NI-9218 and NI-9215).

I am sorry if this may be a "not so intelligent" question, but until now I failed to understand this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,149 Views)

@mw42 wrote:

Hi,

currently I am learning the DQMH template and I need to ask for some advice:

How can I add / initialize real hardware with the DQMH template? All the examples I found use some kind of simulation, so I don’t really understand where or how to implement for example the DAQ Assistant (I use a cDAQ-9184 with two additional cards NI-9218 and NI-9215).

I am sorry if this may be a "not so intelligent" question, but until now I failed to understand this.

If you're using DAQ Assistant then you probably need to take a step back and learn to do DAQ with DAQmx functions prior to going to an architecture like DQMH.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,135 Views)

Ok, that was not a good example on my part. I am aware how to prepare my hardware with the DAQmx tasks (Reserve Network Device, Create Task, Create Channel, Timing, Start Task etc.).

Would you be so kind to give me further advice?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,120 Views)

@mw42 wrote:

Ok, that was not a good example on my part. I am aware how to prepare my hardware with the DAQmx tasks (Reserve Network Device, Create Task, Create Channel, Timing, Start Task etc.).

Would you be so kind to give me further advice?

I'm not a DQMH expert, but I would probably either put it in the startup of the Acquisition module loop or create a request, depending upon the need.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,073 Views)