LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA error with image acquisition on a single board computer with backplane

The DMA error is persisting when trying to grab images from a PCI-1409 in a single board computer. This makes LABVIEW crash or windows crash. I have reduced the image size in MAX and it makes it run for longer before crashing, but this is not acceptable.

I have been informed tha tthe error occurs when the PCI bus controller is expecting more data than the frame grabbrer gives it.

I have tried changing slots (both for 1409 and SBC in the passive backplane), using different version of windows (NT and 2000 pro), making changes in Phoenix bios, everything i can think off.

Has anyone had a similar error, especially with an SBC, or have any ideas ?

Before buying new hardware, i will try
to put a faster graphics card in, although aware that it is not really a graphics problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,453 Views)
Try getting the crash using one of the examples provided by NI.

If you can get that to crash, contact NI support.
Your board may be bad.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,453 Views)
I have used the NI VIs and it still crashes, it also crashes in MAX. The NI-1409 board is OK (it works on another computer).

I have also tried NI support and they were not able to provide a solution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,453 Views)
Ouch!

Sorry, I was only trying to help.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,453 Views)
No worries. I appreciate any suggestions. Since i posted the query the manufacturer of the SBC has admitted that there is a problem with the bus bandwidth and have withdrawn the suspect board and sent out a replacement model with some minor changes. I will test it when i get it and hopefully it will solve the problem!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,453 Views)