LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLTS System (Trio-tech TC 1000 Temperature controller)

Hi I was trying to make DLTS(Deep Level Transient Spectroscopy) system using Agilent 4284A LCR Meter and Trio-tech TC1000 Temperature controller.
I'm done with LCR Meter but I don't know how to start Temperature controller.
There was labview driver for LCR Meter so I just modified exiting VI.
However there is no example for controlling Temperature controller by Labview.
Please help me if you can.
Thanks for reading this

Message Edited by daniel2852 on 02-13-2006 07:44 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,565 Views)
Hi Daniel,
If you know the command set of your instrument, you can try communication using the VISA API.  You probably have NI-VISA installed already since it is required for most of the instrument drivers on our web page.  If you do not have it, you will need to download it from here.  Is your temperature controller a GPIB Instrument?  If so, try using the example I have attached below that uses the basic VISA functionality to write a command to the instrument and read back the response.  You will need LabVIEW 7.0 or higher to run it.  Just put in your gpib device resource name and a known command into the VISA Write and set it to read an expected number of bytes.  You should be able to read command responses directly from the instrument.  If this works, you can try to build your own driver around this example.  You can also try using the Instrument I/O Assistant Express VI which often allows for instrument communication without instrument drivers.  This can be found on the Express palette on the block diagram in LabVIEW.  I also suggest going to www.ni.com/idnet and selecting "Request Instrument Drivers" to put in a request to our driver development team.  These are considered when developing new drivers for future releases. 
I hope this works for you, but if you have any questions, please let me know!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,549 Views)
Hi Daniel,

I am working on a senior design project at The Ohio State University that also requires DLTS measurements using the Agilent 4284A LCR Meter.  From what I have read, the 4284A does not support DLTS measurements.  I have downloaded the driver provided by NI, but I am not sure which VI to modify and how to modify it so that I can trigger the LCR meter to take C-t measurements on the scale of microseconds to milliseconds.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me any suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks,

Chirag

Message 3 of 5
(3,431 Views)
Hi Chirag,
Go to Help->Find Examples->Hardware Input and Output->Instrument Drivers->LabVIEW Plug and Play, you should find some examples starting Agilent 428X Series xxx, which demonstrate how to set up triggers to take measurements.
This should get you started.

Yi Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Yi Y on 08-20-2007 07:25 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,413 Views)

Hello Chirag,

I'm at exactly the same situation, need to setup DLTS with Agilent 4284A.

Did you make it work? I'll be very happy if you could share some details (list a list of system devices), but if you are busy, even a simple yes would do.

Thank you!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,955 Views)