From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL loads but produce error if not selected manually

I use the geotrans2.dll library. First VI to be called is Initialize_Engine() with no input parameters.

Loading the calling VI produce no Error, running the calling VI produce NO Error in the call library function.
But the return (error code) from function called produce an error. The error report indicate that a necessary text file has not been read correctly.

I then open the call library function node, select the dll manually, close the configuration dialoge and run the VI again - everything works perfectly.
This procedure has to be done each time LV is started.

---------

My understanding:
The DLL is on the right location
The necessary text file is in the right location.
Loading the DLL by selecting it manually without running it cause no problem.
Running it at the same time is a problem.

Earlier the DLL was loaded when the VI was loaded into memory - is this still the case (LV8.2)?
Is it possible to load the DLL manually?
Or is there another problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,138 Views)

hi there

make sure there's no copy of the dll in a directory which is part of the systems search path.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,125 Views)
I have searched for the geotrans2.dll, but no other files exists.

I have also tried to supply the DLL-path to the call library function, but same error occur.

After inspecting the source code I have confirmed that it is the path to the text file read by the DLL which cause the problem.
Is it possible that the DLL receives two different call chains???

A temporary solution is found by specifying the path to the text file in the c code, but this is not very flexible since the location on the HD is fixed (upgrade of labView requiers recompilation of the DLL).

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,119 Views)