LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL loading with VI

Hi,

I have a project which includes some DLL's and project is working fine without any issue. If I open a VI in that project and running it showing DLL exception error (VI's is working fine in project instance). My requirement is to run VI independently instead of project instance every time.

From some NI forums, I found that if you place required DLL's in parallel with VI folder it will work but it is not working and I tried placing DLL in parallel to labVIEW.exe it is working.But I don't want place the DLL's in parallel with LabVIEW.exe. Is there any other way to load DLL's.

PS:I tried running VI by giving the DLL path also, it is not working.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,998 Views)

I'm not completely sure I understand the question, but it sounds like this: When you run the VI from the Project Explorer it runs as expected. When you open it from windows explorer, it throws an error.

First off, why do you want to open it up from windows explorer? I can't picture a situation that requires that.

Also, I've used the file path inputs before and didn't have an issue with that, what problem are you encountering there?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the reply and you understanding is correct.

I want to use the VI's in Testsatnd sequence, there I can't open in the project explorer. I am getting DLL exception Error when I load DLL with path name in the VI.

I would like to know is there any way where I can load the DLL's in LabVIEW before I start with the calling the VI in Teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,948 Views)

Hope you can get some information on placing dlls here. I think if we are using network folder, we need to place the DLLs parallel to labVIEW.exe or in subfolders of that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,939 Views)

I must say I do not have much experience with TestStand, but are you using an absolute or a relative path? If using an absolute path, and your DLL is not moving, it should work fine.

If using a relative path, it may change depending on how you are running your program. For instance, if it's an .exe I think it starts at the folder your .exe is in. If it's a .vi by itself, it should start from the folder the .vi is in. If it is a .vi inside a project, it should start from the folder where the .lvproj is. You can see how all of these may actually be different locations if you do not arrange your folders in a careful way.

Also, I think TestStand allows you to specify a .lvproj and then specify a .vi, are you doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,917 Views)