LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL build fails on network drive

Dear LabView experts,

trying to follow this simple example of integration of LabView into Python (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Running-LV-VI-program-from-python/td-p/2193796), I receive the following error message when I set the destination directory to be a location on a network drive:

An error occurred while building the shared library. Either you do not have the correct permissions to create the shared library at the specified location or the shared library is in use.

Invoke Node in AB_DLL.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>Build:Application</b>

The details of he message are:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 8 occurred at AB_DLL.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.

I tried to unset the advanced property "Copy error code files" (as suggested here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BAF0ACFA708F1D19862574C8005248E7) to no avail.

I have noticed that if the destination is a directory on the local disk, the build is successful.

For the local ICT expert this is a problem of LabView, not of the network nor of the system configuration. 

Somebody has any clue of what could be going on? This is quite annoying because home directories are stored on a network drive.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,249 Views)

whats the network path? and whats the local path that works? also what OS? could be a security setting issue, seen some odd ones with win7

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,245 Views)

The disk mounted as F: is named "\\abz01fs.xxx.yyy\users\user\zzz\"

The destination directory is "F:\Projects\2012\uuu\Calling LabVIEW From Python - LV 82"  (tried unsuccessfully also with "F:\Projects\2012\uuu") in the non working case and "C:\Users\zzz\Documents" in the working case. My access rights as user zzz on all the directories are apparently the same.

Indeed, the operative system we are talking about is Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1.

Edit: I'm using LV 2010 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,229 Views)