LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH status -50101

I have been having some issues with my LabVIEW RT system running LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1. The system hangs when I attempt to use my ARINC card along with other cards. The ARINC card works if it is the only instrument that I initialize and use. I am still researching exactly which combination of cards actually has the problem. I am using our PXIe controllers. On our PXI controller everything works fine. In slowing down how fast I initialize each of the individual cards that I use in the rack, I see the following error appear on the display:

[ssUser] Fatal: .\source\package\windows\tmplW32.cpp:80 - DllMain (DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH) of c:\ni-rt\system\ni4882.dll failed with status -50101

Can anyone give me an idea of what this means and/or what card(s) it is referring to?

Thank you for your help.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,431 Views)

Hello Bill,

Did you just recently upgrade to LabVIEW Real-Time 2010 SP1? And was the system working properly with this ARINC card with other instruments before? Narrowing it down to PXI vs. PXIe is helpful, did you install the software exactly the same on each? This error could possibly be attributed to a corrupt installation. At what point in your application does the error appear, startup, after a while, randomly? Also, what model is your PXIe controller and is it only running the RT OS? This Knowledge Base article speaks about problems with ARINC cards and specific controller models.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(2,416 Views)

Deborah,

I have been working a contract for this customer for 6 months. They had the RT software installed when I arrived and were having issues at that time. I have used MAX to reload the software a few times (what they already had selected). I have contacted Ballard and they claim it is an NI issue. NI claims that it is a Ballard issue. I did log a problem issue under my other user name that I had removed because I did not realize that I had 2 accounts setup. I eventually gave up. The company has purchased more PXIe controllers even though they are aware of the issue. My contract is terminating on Nov 18th so I wanted to give this one last try before leaving.

Originally, we only had the PXI-8186 and PXIe8133 controllers. They recently purchased a PXIe8108. I just noticed that they have another PXIe8108 that looks brand new. The problem exist with both the PXIe8133 and PXIe8108. There is no issue on the PXI-8186. All systems are running only the LabVIEW RT operating system. I created a rtexe file to startup up all of my software after the system starts. Each module is assigned a network port to listen to for commands from the user on the PC connected to the RT system. I use TCP for the communication protocol. I have configuration files to let the software know what instruments, signals, etc. are used on each RT system. Eventually, all of their production stations will have the exact same configuration. I have an initial delay in the startup software to allow the RT software to fully come up before continuing. I have increased this delay with no effect. I have put delays and looked at memory usage to see if there may be a connection. The delays had no effect and there is plenty of free memory. I have tried to sequence the startup of each module with no change. I have noticed that if I only start a few of my modules, 3-4, it seems to work. Perhaps there is a limit on how many devices or individual loops that can execute at any one time. Each of my modules has a least 3 loops, some of which are timed loops. One loop listens for new connections, one loop looks for messages from the user and processes the message, one loop communicates with the instrument(s). I could have one or more instruments per module (example: the LVDT module may have one or two LVDT cards that it cycles through based on what is in the configuration file).

The problem happens fairly quickly during the initialization of the instruments.

I have this issue with both of our ARINC cards although if it is some type of limit, it may have nothing to do with the specific ARINC card, only the total number of whatever limit we are exceeding. The ARINC cards are:

Condor Engineering CEI-830 card

Ballard Omnibus card

I have enclosed screen shots in case they help.

RT Startup Module is a screen shot of the VI that starts up. It runs code to read some of the configuration data and then sequences through starting of each type of instrumentation. Each instrument seta a flag to indicating when it has completed its initialization so that the next instrument can intialize itself. This screen shot gives you a basic idea of what instruments we are using and how they startup.

Remote Systems is a screen shot of the PXI racks that we have connected to our network, at this time.

The remainder of the screen shots show the hardware and software for each PXI rack.

If you have any recommendations on things that I can try to see if that resolves the issue, then I will work with you. I will be out of town Nov 21-30, 2011 and will not be able to get back to you.

Thank you for your help !!!

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,407 Views)