From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL850EV FreeRun API

Hi, 

I'm trying to get data via LAN/USB from the Yokogawa DL850EV ScopeRecorder. 

I can connect to the instrument directly, using VISA, but it interfere with operating the scope manually - it lock the scope on remote. 

we need that the application will run on the background, collect and analyze the measured data. 

I contacted the company and got a FreeRun API for the instrument.

I tried importing the dll, but it can't import all the functions.

I was able to initialize& open the instrument, but I can't understand how to add an Event Listener  - it the same function that couldn't be imported. 

any help will be appreciated - I use LabView 2020 - please see the API bundle attached (including docs). 

Thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,380 Views)

Hi, 

Like most instruments, also the DL850 switches to remote mode and disables the panel.

You can set ik back with aa key combination and probably also with a remote command.

Or you can control  the DL850 from your computer.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,324 Views)

Hi, 

Yokogawa have the "Xviewer" PC application which shows you the scope panel on the computer - you can see the data and change the scope parameters from both side simultaneously - I want to recreate this interface with a LabVIEW app - the attached file was what I got from the company for this exact request - it is deferent from the normally published communication interface. 

more to the point - I hadn't explained my problem with enough details, so here some elaboration: 

I'm working with the supplied dll - tried also directly and also using the .Net dll.  - on both cases I cannot activate certain function - LabVIEW does not import it (the function marked on the attached pics).

the manual states that in order to get data, I should connect to the scope (ScInit(), ext.) and than add an event listener  - it is defined as special variable  (see the attached image)

the question is how do I do it in LabVIEW? the samples are supplied for C or C++, but I prefer to stay inside LabVIEW environment if possible.

I have experience with COM interfaces and DLL operation from within LabVIEW, but I probably miss something here. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,316 Views)

Hi,

Did you downloaded the Yokogawa drivers for LabVIEW ??

They are shipped with a few examples that can help you to get started.

And the communication manual will help.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,280 Views)

Hi , 

done that - I can use this method in order to take control in remote mode - which is not what I need.

In order to work with the new DLL, I need to understand how to deal with the special Class ScEventListener which is not defined in LabVIEW. 

Adi. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,277 Views)

Hi,

The DLL is for communication with the instrument. In the end it will do the same as you can accomplish with a LabVIEW program.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,271 Views)