LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIO port read and DIO port config sub VI missing from block diagram

I am new to LabVIEW and a biologist who doesn't have a lot of technology background. Currently I'm trying to set up a flight mill for our entomology lab that uses LabVIEW to measure flight behavior of moths. I followed the guide found here. However, I think the version of LabVIEW used in the guide I followed might be too out of date to work with the version I have, version 17.0. I am trying to run the Flight Assay VI they posted in their guide (which can be found here) but I keep getting the following block diagram error: 'DIO port config.vi' subVI is missing; 'DIO Port Read.vi'; subVI is missing. If anyone could provide me with some guidance (preferably in layman's terms) it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,182 Views)

Those VI's are a part of the Traditional DAQ driver which is not only obsolete, but ancient.  They don't work with LabVIEW 17.  It has been replaced by DAQmx

Replace the traditional DAQ with the DAQmx equivalents.

That whole VI needs a good cleanup has it is busy, messy, and difficult to follow.  Even running a block diagram cleanup on it does a world of good.

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)