LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHT22 and BMP180 in parallel via myrio Labview

Hey everyone,

We are doing a weather station project with myrio device and we have to run all the sensors in parallel. 

We have the following sensors: 

1. DHT22 for Humidity and temperature

2. BMP180 for Pressure and Temperature

3. Wind Speed sensor ( Gives analog output)

4. Wind Direction Sensor ( Gives analog output. Different voltages means different direction)

5. Rain Sensor ( Measure the clicks and multiply the bucket volume to get the data)

We have programmed the DHT22 sensor with help of fpga programming. And we have programmed the BMP180 sensor with normal I2C dialogue boxes. The problem is that we cannot run fpga in parallel with aything. All the other sensors are running in parallel with other sensors. When we start fpga, nothing else works. 

We tried running DHT22 and BM180 in series. So first we started with fpga for 10 loops, then we got 1 measurement from bmp180 which was fine. But when we start fpga again, we were getting the error message that fpga was busy with other VI.

Actually we guys are really new to labview. We would really appreciate if you could help us.

Thanks

Deep Shah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,346 Views)

It is very difficult to debug a paragraph, especially when it describes several different activities you are trying to do at the same time.

Please attach you code.  (Not a picture, but actual VI's we can poke through).  If it is multiple VI's, be sure to zip them up and attach.

Spoiler
That was point 3 of

Welcome to the NI Community which you would have read by now. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,341 Views)

Our aim is to run DHT22 and BMP180 sensors at the same time in one VI. Now both the sensors are soldered tn the same adapter for myrio device which goes into connector A.

There is a project file named WeatherStationProject in the zip file. The Folder BMP180 has all the files including the subvis for that sensor and the folder DHT22 has all the bitfiles and other necessary files in it. 

When you open the WeatherStationProject, open the HumiditySensorHost for the DHT22 sensor and Read_CAL_PARAMETER_Connector_A for BMP180. 

There is another file named ParallelDHT22andBMP180 in which we have tried to run both the sensors one by one. But the problem is once the fpga closes it cannot be opened again. The DHT22 sensor will give us the values for 10 iterations, the the BMP180 sensor will give us the value once and then when it tries to run Fpga file, we get the following  error "LabVIEW FPGA:  LabVIEW could not perform the operation because an FPGA VI reference to another VI is currently open. You must close the currently open FPGA VI reference before attempting to perform this operation" and then the values drop to 0.

Thank you for your time.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,315 Views)

The big question I have is why are you closing the FPGA references?

Open and run the FPGA reference at the beginning of the program.  Run your calls for all of your sensors in a loop.  Only stop the FPGA and close the reference to it when you are ready to close your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,310 Views)

Hey that was the first thing we tried. But the problem is if the fpga is open,then no other sensor works. We do not get any value from the other sensors and only the fpga keeps on running. That is the reason I closed fpga in the first place. Fpga is not allowing other sensors to communicate from what I understand.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,305 Views)

I would think if you had one VI running on your FPGA that communicates with all sensors, you would be just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,303 Views)
Hello please, could you save you VI version on older Ni MyRIO version, like 2015 or 2014? I cannot open it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,056 Views)

Hello

Please could you post your VI on NI myRIO 2014 or 2015 version. I cannot open it.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,038 Views)

Hello please tell us why did you need an adapter to connect with myRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,878 Views)