From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFD IIR Notch Peak Design VI

I'm trying to make a sharp notch-type digital filter to remove the 60 Hz frequency noise in my signal. The NI Digital Filter Design User Manual shows an easy and efficient way of doing it using the DFD IIR Notch Peak Design VI. I downloaded the Digital Filter Design demo to try it out. The problem is that I cannot find the Notch Peak Design VI among the demo files. Is this VI part of a library that you only get if you purchase the Digital Filter Design toolkit?

Thanks,

-- Ilkka L.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,467 Views)
Hi,

Did you actually download the toolkit, or did you use the toolkit via the online demonstration tool?  The Notch Peak Design VI is indeed a part of the Digital Filter Design toolkit which would have to be purchased.  Please let me know whether you actually have this toolkit or were just demo-ing it online (a great opportunity to see the VIs in action before deciding to purchase them).

Peter

Peter L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,455 Views)
Hi,

I downloaded the evaluation version of the toolkit at http://digital.ni.com/demo.nsf/websearch/61a1e8001e5b0ccd86256ab90075c1b5. After downloading, I unzipped the evaluation package onto my hard drive. In other words, I was running the DFD toolkit demo version off-line on my computer.

-- Ilkka L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,449 Views)
Hi Ilkka,

After downloading and installing this toolkit, there are a couple of things you can try in order to determine if all the tools are indeed in place on your system or not.  One thing I'd recommend is to do a search within the Functions Palette to determine whether or not the needed VIs are there.  If the toolkit did indeed install correctly, you'll find a whole sub-directory of VIs within Functions>>Addons>>Digital Filter Design.  These VIs are what you would need in order to build a customized application or to run the included examples. This leads me to the second recommendation: If everything is in place on the system, you will find the Digital Filter Design examples under the 'Toolkits and Modules' section of the Example Finder.

Let me know how these searches turn out and we'll see what we can do from there.

Peter
Peter L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,429 Views)

how to apply that to ecg?

how to remove 60 Hz Noise Amplitude with it?

tanx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,123 Views)
It looks like Zhijun Gu found a pretty good example for you here.
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,102 Views)

Hi.. 

I have taken an patient ECG from DAQ and given to the normal LPF and when I  connect an notch filter to normal LPF filter is not getting connected and showing a wire connection error. 

I am trying to get the output in graphical waveform

Please help me to sort this out. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,750 Views)