cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVICE PINOUT OF THERMOCOUPLE

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi my friends

Today  i tried to install the software part of my project . But i couldnt reach this device pinouts in MAX.

Here is the my snapshots. I think I have a missing file but I am sure that I installed all files which is written in website. How can i handle this problem.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,493 Views)

I don't understand the question.  You have a Thermocouple (I presume), you have a DAQ device, you have a diagram that shows how to wire it.  Did you do that?  Did MAX work?  Where's the problem?  Have you an "electronics guy" around to help wiring it up?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,467 Views)

Hello .

i just ordered my hardware part. For now i am trying to be familiar with max . I installed the software of max (driver packege). I can not see the menu shown as in the link below.

https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/thermocouples#Locating%20Your%20...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,433 Views)

which menu? if it is the device pinout, there are a couple of ways to get there, the more straightforward is to open the help and find your device there

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,401 Views)

Why I cant not reach this menu as shown below ? Please check my screenshot at my first post about this issue.

According to link below. I should see this menu.

https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/thermocouples#Locating%20Your%20...

4.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,372 Views)

Ok, the supported physical channels appear when you have the device connected and the device can perform the task that you selected, for example, if you want to measure temperature but you are using devices that cannot do that measurement, it will not appear there.

To see the physical channels of your device, first you have to add the device to NI MAX, Right click on Devices and Interfaces and select Create New, then you look for your device in the list that appears and set it up depending on the device that you want to add.

If you do not have the hardware yet, you can simulate the device to get familiar with the environment, select Create New and Simulated NI-DAQmx Device or Modular Instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by fshadowman14

@fshadowman14 wrote:

Why I cant not reach this menu as shown below ? Please check my screenshot at my first post about this issue.

According to link below. I should see this menu.

4.JPG

First go here

Capture.PNG

"Install" a simulated cDAQ chassis I'm guessing you want a 9211 but, install a simulated one of what you ordered.

Then you will see it in MAX under devices and interfaces like this (I appologize for the needed redactions)

Capture.PNG

Configure the chassis by selecting the modules from the list that pops up.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 9
(3,343 Views)

Thank you really much . Problem is solved. .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,318 Views)