From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DETT Trace private methods

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get some user-defined trace events from a private method. That doesn't work however: They don't show up in DETT. I can generate trace events from public methods just fine.

Is there a way to enable this besides making all methods public for debugging?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,068 Views)

As I use AF a lot I use: 'AF Debug.lvlib:Generate Custom Trace.vi'.

Make sure that you have 'User-Defined Trace Events' selected in capture settings in DETT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,013 Views)

Sorry for not replying and digging this up again. But I think, I found out what happened. ('User-Defined Trace Events' is switched on, btw.)

The problem is probably unrelated to a method being private. That was just a coincidence.

• If I start a trace before I start my application, all vi's seem to be showing up in DETT.
  • But if I start the trace while the application is already running, not all vi's are showing up.

I didn't bother with finding out the condition for a vi to show up in DETT and its not mentioned in the documentation. Maybe someone has an explanation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,902 Views)