LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Motor speed control

Hi, I am trying to control the speed of a 36V 2.5Amp 3000 rpm max speed DC Motor using LabVIEW. I need someone to guide me what are the hardware required to do this. 1) Which DAQ is most suited for controlling the DC motor ? 2) Any other hardware required such as a controller, etc ? 3) Any example programs for DC motor speed control ? 4) Any circuit diagrams explaining the connections to be made. I wil be grateful if someone helps me with the above said things
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,280 Views)

Hi Kabi, 

You should be able to find some answers over at ni.com/motion. You will need additional hardware, controller, drive and interface (UMI). LabVIEW's NI-Motion tookit includes several shipping examples on how to move a motor.

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(2,259 Views)

Hi Nathaneal,

The experimental setup which we are building is a low cost one and the motion controllers you suggested are way beyond our budget !!

Can we control the motor using an external controller and use the DAQ to control the controller which controls the motor.

The control which I had in mind will control the motor by varying 0-10 V using a pot. So how to interface the DAQ and the controller ?

With regards,

Kabilan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)

Hi Kabi, 

A DAQ card will not be able to provide the power to the motor, you should be able to generate an analog control signal and pass it through an amplifier. If you are using a servo motor it should be possible, if the motor is a stepper motor you will need a drive that you can control with step and direction commands. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,226 Views)