Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC DC Boost simulate

-------------------------ITALIANO

buongiorno,
sto realizzando un Dc Dc tipo boost comandato da uno switchPWM e
il progetto deve implementare i seguenti punti:
0-La tensione in ingresso = 5V
1- Le forme d’onda di tensione e corrente fornite al carico devono essere mostrate nel front panel.
2- Il carico (non solo resistivo, ma anche con una parte reattiva) deve poter essere impostato da front panel.

ma ho dei problemi:
1- la forma d'onda della corrente sul condensatore mi viene negativa e per avere dei valori corretti (positivi) devo mettere l'induttanza "L"=750H, e quello di tensione è esatto?

2- non capisco cosa dovrei fare in LabView nel caso in cui avessi un carico reattivo

qualcuno saprebbe aiutarmi?

grazie per l'attenzione

-------------------------ENGLISH
Good morning,
I am making a DC boost type controlled by a PWM switch and the project needs to implement the following points:
0 - The input voltage = 5V
1- The voltage and current waveforms supplied to the load must be displayed on the front panel.
2- The load (not only resistive, but also with reactive part) must be able to be set from the front panel.

but i have problems:
1- the waveform of the current on the capacitor is negative and to get the correct (positive) values ​​I have to put the inductance "L" = 750H, and is the voltage correct?

2- I don't understand what I should do in LabView in case I have a reactive load

would anyone know how to help me?

Thanks for your attention good morning,
I am making a Dc Dc type boost controlled by a PWM switch e
the project must implement the following points:
0-The input voltage = 5V
1- The waveforms of voltage and current supplied to the load must be shown in the front panel.
2- The load (not only resistive, but also with a reactive part) must be able to be set from the front panel.

but I have problems:
1- the waveform of the current on the capacitor is negative and to get the correct (positive) values ​​I have to put the inductance "L" = 750H, and is the voltage one correct?

2- I didn't understand what to do in LabView in case I have a reactive load

Thanks for the attention
I am attaching the project file on labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,312 Views)

Hi Ruben,

@Rubennnn wrote:

but i have problems:
1- the waveform of the current on the capacitor is negative and to get the correct (positive) values ​​I have to put the inductance "L" = 750H, and is the voltage correct?

2- I don't understand what I should do in LabView in case I have a reactive load

Do you know the formulas to calculate/simulate your electric circuit?

Can you write them down - before you implement them in LabVIEW?

Btw. you should also cleanup your VIs and remove all those Rube-Goldbergs!

• There are specific functions for operations like "+1" and or to convert a boolean value into 0/1.
  • There absolutely is no need to test a boolean value to output either TRUE or FALSE…
  • Providing a clean blockdiagram helps to understand your code and helps to minimize possible errors…

Example for your PWM subVI:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,305 Views)

LabVIEW is a programming language, not a circuit simulator. Of course LabVIEW is flexible enough to simulate anything you want once the math is worked out! Do you have a link to a website that shows all the math you need here?

In order to use LabVIEW for this, start with a few tutorials and learn the basics. your code is quite questionable as has already been mentioned. There are also glaring race conditions, for example the "Resistenza" local variable could potentially be different from the value used in the calculation if the control is changed during the run. Shouldn't your shift registers be initialized? There is a primitive for 1/x. I doubt you need the formula node. Why do you need two shift registers if one of them is always zero? Seems redundant. Don't use unusual connector patterns for subVIs. Why is the "i" input I64? Makes no sense! Why is Vinput written 50x per second if the value never changes? To get the Y array from a waveform, use "get waveform components" because "fromDDT" is NOT the reasonable tool for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,280 Views)

I have arranged the two files, I hope you understand better.

- in the shift registers I had made other incremental tests in addition to +1
- "get waveform components" I forgot to use it
- I use two shift registers because one increases when I have true and goes to zero if they are in false, same thing as the other but with false
- I use the Node formula to formulate equations.

anyway thanks a lot for the advice
I propose again the two questions asked previously:

1- the waveform of the current on the capacitor is negative and to get the correct (positive) values I have to put the inductance "L" = 750H, and is the voltage correct?

Thanks for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,238 Views)

@Rubennnn wrote:

I propose again the two questions asked previously:

1- the waveform of the current on the capacitor is negative and to get the correct (positive) values I have to put the inductance "L" = 750H, and is the voltage correct?

These are theoretical questions and have nothing to do with the programming language used (e.g. LabVIEW). Once you work out the math, just implement it. Have you got all the formulas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,223 Views)

ok, grazie
un'altra cosa, (ho semplificato il circuito) se volessi avere la forma del segnale triangolare, il più triangolare possibile come potrei fare? cioè che il segmento discendente deve partire da dove arriva quello crescente e viceversa, come potrei fare?

OK thank you
another thing, (I have simplified the circuit) if I wanted to have the shape of the triangular signal, as triangular as possible how could I do? that is, the descending segment must start from where the increasing one arrives and vice versa, how could I do?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,189 Views)

Hi Ruben,

@Rubennnn wrote:
(I have simplified the circuit) if I wanted to have the shape of the triangular signal, as triangular as possible how could I do? that is, the descending segment must start from where the increasing one arrives and vice versa, how could I do?

There still is much room for simplification!

(No need for a local variable, no need to use boolean constants to set the "Stato" indicator when you can simply use a wire to the case structure condition, no need for I64 datatype and QR with DBL when all those values should be of I32 datatype, …)

You already create a triangular waveform: when you need a "full period" of that waveform then you should create just a full period of that waveform! Then index one sample after the other from that full period signal:

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,184 Views)

sorry but I don't mean the PWM signal (that's okay) but the other file
"1-DCDCProject".

in this  file ("1-DCDCProject"), where I have this signal realized with two equations of the line (one of ascent and one of descent)

where if I wanted to have the triangular shape of the signal, as triangular as possible how could I do? that is, the descending segment must start from where the increasing one arrives and vice versa, how could I do?
I am sending you an example of operation

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,173 Views)

Hi Ruben,

@Rubennnn wrote:

where if I wanted to have the triangular shape of the signal, as triangular as possible how could I do? that is, the descending segment must start from where the increasing one arrives and vice versa, how could I do?

When you don't get the expected result, then your formulas are wrong (or not as accurate as you need them to be)…

I think you already were asked that before: can you write down all the formulas you need - before you start to implement them?

Btw. why don't you implement any of the advice you got here in your thread?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,169 Views)