From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxSystem executable not running in Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a very simple vi that queries all DAQ hardware connected to a PC running Windows 7 (32 bit) and LabVIEW 2009.

DAQmx System

This vi works perfectly well as shown in the screen capture above.  I then create an executable, and this is where the problem occurs: when running the .exe on the same Windows 7 PC, the .exe returns an empty DevNames list.  However, if I run the same .exe on windows XP, everything works as expected.

Reinstalled latest DAQmx 9.4 to no avail. Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,278 Views)

Not all DAQmx stuff is supported on Win 7.

Check with support for the details of whcich version works on what OS and for what hardware.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,271 Views)

That property should be supported on Windows 7.  Does the cDAQ chassis show up in MAX?

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,261 Views)

Chassis and modules also show in "devices and interfaces" in "measurement and automation".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,255 Views)

Can you try adding an indicator that shows the error out terminal of the DAQmx System property node?  Also, could you try one of the other DAQmx System properties (like Major DAQmx Version) and make sure that returns also?

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,244 Views)

I modified the LabVIEW code as requested:

Capture.PNG

Executable is compiled using all defaults when creating a new lvproj.  Here are the .exe results
 Capture.PNG

and the MAX:

Capture.PNG

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,239 Views)

That's really strange.  That property node works correctly on my Windows 7 x64 system.  I'm going to ask around and see if anyone has any recommendations.

If you have time, could you also try something like the following code:

2011-12-14_102638.png

I'm curious if the issue is specific to the DAQmx System property node code path.

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,229 Views)

FredATI,

Do you have DAQmx Runtime installed on the Win7 Machine?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,223 Views)

Modified again as requested: middle is .vi, far right is .exe

I run LabVIEW 2009 SP1 9.0.1 in 32 bit in Windows 7.  

The reason I need this is for deployment of several CompactDAQ systems continously being moved (and modules also swapped) around across multiple PCs. I am running this function to determine which where each module type is connected before I start my data aquisition.  If you have an alternative method to my end goal, I will take your suggestions. 

Capture.PNG

I initially tried to do it using find.vi in syscfg.llb (not as elegant), but I have the same problem: work as a .vi, doesnt work as .exe in windows 7, and work as .exe in Windows XP.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,223 Views)

Until you get this figured out...

In a very old USB app I resorted to trial and error in the configuration sub-VI and (in my case) when I found the counter I knew I had found the proper device.

Admit, very crude but it did work.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,221 Views)