From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx with trigger and waveform graph

Hello All,

Just a quick question. I am using DAQmx and I have set a Posttriggered Acquisition with a Digital Trigger. I want to know if there is someway to see the signal that triggers the modules from the chassis. I want to see the signal that either rises or falls and from that start recording. This signal should come from the FPI0 chassis. Somehow put a WaveForm Graph just for the FPI0 chassis signal that should trigger the modules. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,991 Views)

You cannot acquire the trigger signal directly from FPI0. You need to wire it to its own analog input to be able to digitize and visuzlize it.

In general, trigger signals have much more bandwidth (quick transition) than the signal that is actually desired to be acquired. It means that digitizing a trigger signal would often require a much faster Analog-to-digital converter than what is available. So, if you wire the trigger signal to an Analog input, unless the board is fast enough, you will likely get very little information.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,942 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,909 Views)