From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx: stop a task during finite samples data generation

Dear all,

I'm generating data on an analog output.I create a waveform and then the data on the analog output, start the task and Wait until the generation is completed.

The problem is that I need an emergency stop if, for example, I need to stop the generation of millions of samples if my waveform is wrong or if Something appends outside.

Could you help me please?

Stop_OutputGeneration.png

Sébastien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,707 Views)

Well, if "Wait Until Done" is a problem, don't use it.  Instead you could use the query "Is Task Done" in a loop, preferably with idling delay of maybe 25-100 msec.   Then you can terminate the loop on either the done boolean output or whatever your "emergency stop" condition might be.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,677 Views)