From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx.rc is not found on another computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i created a VI that uses NIDAQmx 17.0 which is working fine. Then i copied it on another computer and there i get errors.

In Teststand the error says "The driver needs a VI or tookit component that is not found. Missing resource file "daqmx.rc".

In the broken VI for example the proprties DAQmxChannel->CO.Pulse.Term is not available.

What do i have to install?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,327 Views)

Hi One,

you should install DAQmx17 on that other computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,319 Views)

Hi,

yes it is installed.

Attached a screenshot of NI MAX of noth computers.

Or is there an option to add "Labview support" during installation?

In labview the icon-folder in rightclick -> Measurement I/O -> NI-DAQmx is not available in the "not working" computer.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,310 Views)

Hi One,

@OnlyOne wrote:

Or is there an option to add "Labview support" during installation?

In labview the icon-folder in rightclick -> Measurement I/O -> NI-DAQmx is not available in the "not working" computer.

Did you install LabVIEW after you installed DAQmx?

You need to install in this order: first LabVIEW, second DAQmx. Then the DAQmx installer will include the "LabVIEW support" while installing…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,288 Views)

Hi @GerdW,

i reinstalled NI DAQmx and after this the VI was executable in Labview and in Teststand.

Then i uninstalled Labview as the the VI should be used in Teststand with only Labview Runtime.

But now it is no more loadable in teststand and the error is:

Error Code modules must be able to load General Module for Step 'xxxxxxxx' not Loadable. Failed to load VI 'C:\xxxxxxx.vi' in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1f7'.

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.
=========================
LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.

VI Path: C:\xxxxxxx4.seq Seq["xxxxx"].Main["xxxxxx"].TS.SData

Then i reinstalled NI DAQmx again (i thought the uninstall of Labview perhpas also removed some files of DAQ installation) but the error above stays.

What can i do to make it runable using only the LV runtime?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,175 Views)