From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx equivalent of DAQ-Legacy DIO initialization

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out the equivalent of a VI that used Traditional NI DAQ in DAQmx. For example, I cannot figure out how I could replace the handshaking parameters for the DIO config.

The NI-DAQ legacy being way too old, I am having hard time finding clues for most functions.

Any kind of help is appreciated, thank you for your attention.

PS : Please find enclosed a small portion of the diagram and don't hesitate to ask for more information if you're interested in helping out 😊

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(989 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DRALV

Hi DRALV,

@DRALV wrote:

I have been trying to figure out the equivalent of a VI that used Traditional NI DAQ in DAQmx. For example, I cannot figure out how I could replace the handshaking parameters for the DIO config.

The NI-DAQ legacy being way too old, I am having hard time finding clues for most functions.

Have you already read this tutorial? See page 3-55 for an explanation of DIO handshaking modes!

As I read it you should either use software-timed DIO channels (no handshaking) or hardware-timed channels (handshaking) with DAQmx…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(974 Views)