LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx drivers installed but Labview claims they're missing

Solved!
Go to solution

I've recently installed Labview 2018 and NI DAQmx 18.1.0, and I'm trying to run some code I previously wrote in Labview 2015.  Upon opening the VI I get the warning "NI-DAQmx Driver support for LabVIEW 2018 is missing."  However, DAQmx is installed, and I did install it after the Labview install.  I've attached a screen shot.  I'm trying to communicate with a NI USB-6212 DAQ device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,601 Views)

In your LabVIEW installation folder (Program Files, National Instruments, LabVIEW 2018) is there a "DAQmx" folder in vi.lib?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,597 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Musgrave

Hi musgrave,

did you also install the DAQmx support for LV2018?

That is an additional checkmark in the setup/install dialog! (Usually that checkmark is set by default, but who knows…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,572 Views)

I would just try to install the DAQmx drivers again.  It is possible that the LabVIEW 2018 Support was not installed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,565 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Musgrave

I looked at the NI-DAQmx driver files I downloaded, and it turns out I downloaded NI-DAQmx Runtime, which does not include the application support files.  I downloaded NI-DAQmx (only difference in the name was the lack of "Runtime") and repeated the installation.  There was now an option to install support for LV2018, and it was checked by default.  My program initializes without errors now.  I still don't know why the NI Package Manager won't install the support files with NI-DAQmx or list it as an option, but I have a solution now.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,540 Views)