LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx bug? Simulated PCI-6602 gives no error for unsupported operation.

Solved!
Go to solution

This discovery arose as a side discussion starting around msg #16 in this thread, with a test result in msg #21.  I posted here on the LabVIEW board where there's more visibility for NI AE's.

Problem: Buffered pulse generation is not supported on PCI-6602 devices.  Attempts to run such a task on a 6602 result in a -200875 error.   However, the same code will run without error on a simulated PCI-6602 device, even though the hardware does not support the functionality.

The original problem in the referenced thread thread kinda calls for buffered pulse generation.  The lack of error from DAQmx when testing such a task on a simulated 6602 might lead a user to purchase the wrong hardware for their app.  (It isn't entirely clear to me whether the OP in that thread already owns a 6602 or whether it's being considered as a candidate.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 1 of 3
(2,553 Views)

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'm going to verify this with hardware internally, and if it is a bug, I'll file a Corrective Action Request and let you know.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,509 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin_Price

A CAR has been filed for this bug. Thanks!

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,487 Views)