LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx base buffered AO USB-6008

Hello,
in a project I am using a USB module 6008 with NI DAQmx base for measuring tasks. Now I have to control a devive with pulses that are 1 ms long and have a gap of 1 ms.
For me it looks like I can not do this with the DAQmx base, because I would need to do buffered output on the analog out or digital out. I think single updats are not secure. Am I wrong (I hope so)?
Is the USB 6008 supported by other NI-DAQ? Or can I achieve this goal somehow else?
Thank's for help.
Best regards
Dermot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,085 Views)
Hello Dermot,

currently the DAQpad 600x series is not supported by DAQmx so you will have to work with the DAQmxBase driver. But anyway, the limitations are more in the hardware in your case. According to the device specifications, the device supports Analog output up to an update rate of 150 Hz (software timed) - that is too slow for your application, With the DIO lines you won't reach the desired speed either and since they are only software timed as well, the generated pulse train would vary in frequency and duty cicle (due to the limitations of windows).
Normaly, pulsetrain generation is a good job to be done by a counter/timer, but the counter on the 6008 does not support this kind of operation.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,069 Views)
Hello,
thank you for the answer.
Now I have another problem despite the pulse generation. I want to change the sample rate for continuous AI programmatically. So I create a new task with the DAQmx base VIs every time I start a measurement. But with this I can not enter the sample rate for continuoes measurement. And the sample rate has to be set in the software without manually using the config utility!
Is there a way to achieve this? I have seen, that the setup information is stored in globals of the DAQ mx base, but I didn't really understood how it works.
Best regards
Dermot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Hello,

have a look at the examples shipped with the driver. In case you did not find them yet, they are located in ../LabVIEW/Examples/DAQmxBase. In the subfolder called Dynamic/ai there are a couple of VIs you can use for analog input operations with your 600x device. These examples are not based on tasks you configure in the external utility.
These VIs programatically create there own tasks, together with the timing information. If I understand your request correctly, this is exactly what you are looking for. I would recommend that you try to use these VIs to get started with your own program.

regards
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,054 Views)
Hi,
thank you for the hint. Seems like I have been blind to this?!?
Now I know how to go on.
Best regards
Dermot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,048 Views)