LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx appearing in a different language

I have been using LabView with no issues for a couple of weeks but for some reason today my DAQmx functions and DAQmx function palette have appeared in german even though they were english yesterday. All the DAQmx VIs now have german front panels. I have the english version of LabView installed and all other menus, palettes and functions appear in english as normal. I am working in the UK but my company is german and the internet connection is routed via a sever in germany so I can only think that LabView has switched to a different language because of this but why only for DAQmx? Its a bit of a show stopper because I don't speak german.

Does anyone know how I can reset my DAQmx back to english language?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(888 Views)

Hi Alan,

@Alan.S wrote:

I am working in the UK but my company is german and the internet connection is routed via a sever in germany so I can only think that LabView has switched to a different language because of this but why only for DAQmx?

Does anyone know how I can reset my DAQmx back to english language?

Just an idea: check the regional settings in our Windows system settings. Maybe your companies IT department switched it to German? I hope they didn't!

(LabVIEW itself usually installs for just one language, but DAQmx might handle the language settings on its own for all the languages supported by NI.)

@Alan.S wrote:

Its a bit of a show stopper because I don't speak german.

The differences aren't this big, as both languages share the same Latin roots… 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(882 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion. My computer regional settings are correct but I will check with IT to see if there is a setting elsewhere that could be causing an issue. 

I tried loading my code on a different computer and it appeared back in english. I then saved it and when I reopen it on the original computer it is now back in english.  The problem is fixed for now but I guess it will come back again tomorrow after a reboot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(865 Views)