LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Trigger

Meaning that if I change the amount of pretriggered samples to 1000, I will have 1000 samples the first iteration, and 10000 samples the next 6 iterations?

So that would make 61000 samples in total?

But if I change the amount of pretriggered samples to 6000, I will have a total of 66000 samples?

Is that correct?

Best regards,

Dries

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 44
(310 Views)

I think we might be talking about 2 different things here.

With pre-trigger samples I mean the samples that do not end up in your final data set but were read in with the same call of your DAQmx function.

What do you mean with amount of pretriggered samples ?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 44
(307 Views)

I was talking about the 'Pre samples' which can be defined at the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 44
(299 Views)

Hello Dries,

I'm not completely familiar with the subVI you're using there behind the scenes.

Is that one that you got from that forum post?

It does not seem fully documented.

But after a quick glance this could also have an effect on the amount of samples you get at the output.

This in combination with the fact that you have more than 6 iterations (6 normal ones that produce 10000 samples and one special one that produces a variable amount).

Please do check that the measurements you get at the output start at your defined/wanted "trigger point".

If this is the case, then reducing the amount of samples to 60000 should do the trick.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 44
(287 Views)