LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx : How to Trigger camera and AOTF

Dear,

I have a camera sCMOS and an AOTF that i want to trigger.

I have attached the description of the camera acquisition sequence.

I want to sent a digital pulse (only one pulse because I want to acquire one picture only) to the camera via the EXT/SW Trigger input of the camera and get the FIRE output of the camera which will trigger the AO lines connected to the AOTF. I have a NI PCI 6733  with 8 AO and 8 Digital line

I am very new in DAQmx and  I do not know how to proceed. Please help me. The best should be, if it is not to much, to send the correponding vi to me.

Thanks by advance

mnemo15

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,121 Views)

Just one precision : I want to start and stop the AOTF connected to AO with the FIRE output line of the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,119 Views)

Hi Mnemo15,

Thank you for posting on NI's forum

Which model is your camera and how is it linked to your computeur ?

I think you can use daqmx example with Software Triggering (in the help menu of LabVIEW).

You can set a digital pulse and use it as a trigger to acquire a picture (by wiring this pulse to the daqmx triggering vi).

Then when you got your picture, you can start your AOTF by using the Fire output signal of your camera as a trigger.

I hope I understood each step of what you want to do.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,097 Views)

Hi Vincent,

I have a CMOS from Andor. The camera is connected via a PCI card and the FIRE/ARM signal from the camera is connected to a SCB-68/PCI 6733. I want to start the camera with the Andor PCI, then get the digital output signal FIRE from the camera that it is ready to acquire and when the FIRE signal is up, I want to to start a Voltage AO signal to the AOTF and when the FIRE signal is down, this stop the AO signal.

I cannot find any exemple in the DAQmx/Analog Generation/Voltage.

Could you help me to build the vi.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,085 Views)

hi Mnemo15,

which driver do you use ? (NI Vision ?)

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,082 Views)

Hi,

I was probably not enough precise in what I want to do.

1) I want to send one pulse to a DO of the DAQ  which is linked to the EXT/SW trigger cable of the camera ANDOR sCMOS. While waiting on the trigger event the camera sensor is put into a pre-scan read out cycle. 

2) I want to read the FIRE signal from the camera which will be a digital trigger to start/stop synchronously two AO (one triangle waveform and one square waveform) 

3) read the ARM signal to know when the camera is ready to accept another incoming trigger

All the thing that i tried until now did not work.

So please help me

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,062 Views)

This is the diagram of what I want...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,060 Views)

Hi, I think I want to do the same thing as yours. I want to use a clock to trigger our Hamamatsu camera, and when use the fire to trigger two other digital output. Do you have a solution now? Can you share your solutions with me? Thanks a  lot!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,317 Views)