From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx: Digital - Continuous Output.vi example with PCI-6519 (error -200077)

Bonjour everyone,

Main goal :

I want to use 1 digital output of the PCI-6519 harware to make  a staked light indicator blink when user is needed to operate the test station. 

What I am trying:

I open the labview 2013 wxample "DAQmx: Digital - Continuous Output.vi" to learn how I could use a DAQmx task to perform this blink instead of using a dynamic call of a VI changing the output in 'while loop'.

The example states that my hardware should be able to run it but I always get an error -200077 right at the beginning with the DAQmx Timing.vi mentionning that my PORT2, line 0 does not support the 'Sample Clock' property which is hard coded in the example. I can't find a different property that this example will accept to try to change the status of my digital output on a time basis.  Does the PCI-6519 device support timing for a digital output or not?

If anyone has a better or simplier idea to achieve such a simple goal, feel free to suggest.  I am using DAQmx for the first time and I don't know much about what my options are.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,515 Views)

Hi Nienscecco,

Unfortunately PCI-6519 doesn't support HW timing, I've just tried with a simulate PCI-6519 device and I confirm you that you must specify an external clock in order to use this example.

Do you have some kind of frequency generator to provide it ? Or maybe another NI board with embedded counters in order to build it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,510 Views)

Bonjour Mathieu,

I do have a second board with counters on it.  A PCI-6221.  I was trying to avoid to use external trigger coming from this second card because the the stacked light of my test station has been incorporated in the design of a custom power supply unit which is also controlled by 24V relays driven by the PCI-6519.  Using an external trigger would mean to add a connector to this box and redo the wiring so that I can physically connect this trigger. 

So I will try to flash this light with dynamic call on another VI after all.

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,499 Views)