From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Custom Scaling Issue

I have created custom scaling for DAQmx. I have the following issue similar to this http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/daqmx-custom-scaling-setup-issues/td-p/805374.

I am scaling a 0 to 5V signal to 0-100 sccm.

the slope is 20 with a Y-intercept of zero.

Everything scales fine up to 1.07V then it displays 21.56 sccm for any measurment above this voltage.

Cant figure out what i am doing wrong. I have verified the DAQ card is measuring volts correctly above 1.07 in NImax.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,900 Views)

IDK Whats going on i have tried to add attachments. But they arnt adding to my post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,883 Views)

1.07V = 21.56 (approximately)

This is sounding like a range issue on your DAQ channel.  What are you using for the maximum and minimum on your DAQ channel?  What card are you using?  Have any code you can share that shows the issue?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,876 Views)
There are problems associated with IE and security settings. Attach as a zip.

Like the post you linked to, you have not mentioned the min and max settings.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(2,875 Views)

Added attachment. The min -10V max +10V , which is the setpints of the DAQ Card. DAQ card. NI9205

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,856 Views)
You set the min and max to the scaled values not to voltage. So you are setting the range incorrectly.
Message 6 of 19
(2,852 Views)

NVMD

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,843 Views)
And your units are sccm with the custom scale. It's a trivial matter to change limits to 0-200. Did you even try this before posting your reply?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,835 Views)

@teslaaaa wrote:

Thats not how i read this:

cdbl.gif

maximum value specifies in units the maximum value you expect to measure.

cdbl.gif

minimum value specifies in units the minimum value you expect to measure.

Max values measured is -10 to +10V , If you are correct shouldnt it say "max scaled value" ?

It is the maximum value of the number that will come out of the DAQmx driver.  Since DAQmx applies that scale for you, it is post scale value.  So you really need to put in 100 sscm for your maximum.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,831 Views)

Ok, so how do i programiticly change this for each channel. since each channel will have diff min/max values.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,826 Views)