LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Analog Output [Voltage]: jumps or loss of data in the measurement signal

Hello everyone,

I have written a measuring program with which I can read out an acceleration sensor.

With the NI USB-6251 I generate the supply voltage for the sensor. In a table I can set the voltage (DC, AC) and the time of the voltage.

5) Settings.PNG

If a new configuration (next line) is loaded, I see jumps in the output signal of the acceleration sensor at that point.

6) Jumps_Acc.PNG

I have already tried to take over the phase with a shift register for the next call. However, that has not changed.

Then I also tried to adjust the data transfer via propertie nodes (allow / disallow regeneration; data transfer mode DMA / USB-Bulk).

1) Datenübertragungsmodus_DMA_USBBulk.PNG

Unfortunately I always got a lot of error messages. I added the project in the appendix. Maybe someone has a solution for me.

Best

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(802 Views)

Are you able to generate the signal you expect just using the waveform generation VIs? 

From Acquisition Message Loop.vi:"Acquire":"Set"

dsbNI_1-1631627657364.png

This code does not maintain phase per channel. I also don't see code that might coerce the frequency, sample rate, number of samples to ensure an integer number of cycles. If you take ownership of phase, you should also set reset to TRUE. Why is 'AC Verlauf AO' (with DBL datatype) wired to signal type? Does the application need to change generation settings while running?

Once your code generates the signals you expect, we can integrate with DAQmx.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(756 Views)

Which option is there to generate the signal? Except for the "function generator.vi"?

The constant of signal type is an enum array. Behind it are only numerical values. I've already tested that and it works.

This is actually not yet about a frequency. In the example I really just used 3.3V DC as the voltage. I passed the voltage again after a certain time because I want to test the voltage levels of 3.3V .. 3.2V .. 3.1V .. 3.0V .. etc., for example.

Do you have some idea to get a continuous signal?

Best regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(751 Views)

dsbNI_0-1631638111246.png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(741 Views)